Re: Northrop's Tejon Ranch RCS Facility

Message posted by Chad on June 17, 2020 at 15:16:05 PST:

I went for a long bike ride and was just about to turn around and head back to my work truck when a Blackhawk type helicopter came screaming overhead. I knew the facility was nearby so I rode up the dirt road to investigate. After dodging what seemed like miles upon miles of cow dung I finally came upon a dilapidated fence along the southern perimeter of the property that had an almost unobstructed view of the upper buildings. The helicopter landed nearest to the largest of the buildings that looks like a hangar. I didn’t see anyone get out or any movement on the ground. They were there for approximately 20 minutes and then departed to the East at low level, flying over the wind turbines. I rode West down the dirt road towards the guard shack and entry gate, stopping on a small mound that provided a clearer view of the hangar like building. I was taking pictures of the building when I caught a glimmer of light out of the corner of my open eye. It was coming from west of the facility and slightly lower in elevation. The light appeared to get brighter and brighter and I started to feel the heat from the light on my skin, this was high noon by the way. I started to get nauseous and it felt like my skin was on fire. I got on my bike and high tailed it out of there, stopping to take a photo of the rock that this incredibly bright light was coming out of. I flew home to Canada the next day and didn’t have time to come back to investigate or else I would have. I started digging for answers on what this bright light that burned my skin from over a mile away could possibly be and someone was kind of enough to point me in the direction of a program called SCUPLS. I dunno if this is what I was hit with as there’s very little info on the web about it but I suspect it was this. On a side note, the facility appears to be abandoned. The fedex box was knocked down, there were holes in the glass at the security building and the gate looks like it’s been reinforced closed. It’s possible that I tripped one of the security sensors whilst riding in the area and the helicopter was sent to make sure I wasn’t vandalizing or breaking into the facility, I’m not really sure.

In Reply to: Re: Northrop's Tejon Ranch RCS Facility posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on June 17, 2020 at 14:48:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]