On the subject of Blackstar/Spaceplanes...

Message posted by Max Power on June 08, 2020 at 14:35:15 PST:

Group member "Night Stalker" referenced this War Zone article on Friday, but I wanted to start a new thread on this just so it didn't get buried in the original thread from a while back.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/26156/is-this-concept-art-of-a-mysterious-space-launch-mothership-a-missing-link-in-area-51s-past

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but now seems like the perfect time. Does anyone know roughly when Hanger 18 was constructed at Groom Lake? Given its massive size, it almost seems like a perfect home for this theorized Mothership. If it was constructed in the mid to late 1980s, the timing sure seems interesting.

What I also find interesting is the page titled "Experimental Aircraft Sighting in 1995" in the Black Projects section of Dreamland Resort. The rough shape of what Andreas von Retyi saw that morning sure looks similar to the drawings in the War Zone article. And wouldn't you know it, it was spotted near Hanger 18. Now, what doesn't mesh is the size and characteristics. The vehicle depicted in the War Zone article appears to be massive, while the vehicle spotted in '95 appears to be much smaller, and did not have the XB70-like intakes.

Perhaps there's a link here in all of this, perhaps not. Maybe the vehicle seen in '95 was just taxiing and happened to be near Hanger 18 when it was spotted, and didn't call that hanger home. But overall its something I've pondered for a while now. Thoughts?

- Max Power

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]