Dyson's Dock (& Other Questions from a New Member)

Message posted by MattGTO on May 10, 2020 at 6:01:38 PST:

Hi All!

I have been a lurker for a while but have started posting recently (with the name Matt in some of the recent threads). I've always been interested in the development of US aircraft and Groom, but have only started reading deeper in to it over the last few months. I wanted to ask a few questions regarding stuff I've read during that time.

-First, what is the common perception of Dyson's Dock potentially being a "classified museum" for base employees? Is it commonly believed to exist, or do you think its unsubstantiated rumor?

-Same question, but about a bar being at Sam's Place. Do military bases typically have bars? If so, being a bartender there must be a heck of a job :-p

-Lastly, from what I've read, the most likely current aircraft that we can point to with some certainty as currently being tested at Groom are the B-21 and possibly some sort of SR-72 demonstrator, correct? Are there any others that we can point to with any certainty? I've read some rumors of a successor to the F-117, but I wasn't sure if the development of an aircraft like that would already be in testing stages.

Thanks everyone!
-Matt

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]