Re: you caught me

Message posted by Gabe Zeifman on April 06, 2020 at 19:26:25 PST:

My managers are already aware that I've taken pictures out there and they didn't seem too bothered by it, so go for it! Nellis has been overall pretty accommodating, but my destination is usually "Alamo" not "special photography mission". Most of the times I've gone out there I've been pretty blatant about my sightseeing and never got more than an advisory that the R4808N boundary is less than a mile away when I'm still barreling towards it. Yesterday I didn't get to go in any of the Nellis restricted areas, which seemed more to be a controller thing than an actual airspace activation and when I was pointed at R4808N I got a "4808A is the range you don't want to get too close to", so I did what any reasonable person would do and flew half a mile from the boundary and took pictures. Camera yesterday was a Nikon D3500, the pictures from north and south are off a Pixel 4 phone, and the one close zoom picture from the south was on a Sony A7ii. Definitely bumpy in places yesterday, and I saw some people noticed my jaunt to 17,900, which was from mountain wave. I'm also a glider pilot, can't turn down an opportunity to climb for free in a C150.

In Reply to: Re: you caught me posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on April 06, 2020 at 14:04:46 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]