Re: Construction Projects at Groom Lake

Message posted by Capt Scott Cook on March 26, 2020 at 10:48:13 PST:

When I took the tour, we had two tour guides, one was on the engineering team that constructed some of the test sites like Apple II house. He told a story of getting bored one night waiting on a shot (what they called the tests) they went in and messed with the mannequins, and a general got pretty pissed off he said.
The other tour guide was part of establishing that area as the test site. He claimed to have witnessed something like 450 shots including the ones in the pacific.

The engineer guide said several times there is a facility over that way we cant talk about. But had many stories about that other facility. Like when he ordered up 200 cubic yards of cement, and his invoice would read 20K cubic yards. And when that would happen the extra that showed up, would magically go somewhere else.

I got the impression from the two guides that they didn't care too much about the other facility. But I guess it was more like the rivery between the football teams of the Army and the Navy.

When we were out at Sudan, There was a white truck up the road past the turnoff at the top of a hill. There was a second one parked back at another road leading up north. When we were at Ice Cap, We had a pretty full group and going up top there wasn't a lot of room so several of us went back down and outside. And we stood around the bus. Neither of the tour guides were down with us they were both up top, someone pulled in by the bus and informed us that we needed to stick with the group or we would be asked to leave.

During our lunch break, I was pulled off to the side and was warned that I couldn't talk to anybody. I was talking with these firefighters and was speaking with a Captain. I wasn't the one that started the conversation, he did. He just asked about my department shirt I was wearing. And we started to talk about fires out there.

In Reply to: Re: Construction Projects at Groom Lake posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 26, 2020 at 9:59:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]