Re: Alienstock organizers announce dates for 2020 festival

Message posted by Viper on February 26, 2020 at 2:35:29 PST:

Quite honestly,

I feel that the folks that go out to the Base are not educated enough to understand the concept of such a barren unforgiving area of the United States. A friend of mine got stuck out there in the rain no doubt and did not have any back up plans in case something happened. he thought (AAA) would be there to save him. He failed to realize that it take a lot of planning for a trip like this. I have been planning a trip up there for quite some time after my former Ex Fiance and I made it up there for a lookie loo session while we were in Las Vegas. We learned the hard way, because of my own stupid curiosity, I guess you live and you learn.

Much planning is involved for an event such as Alienstock etc. There are many permits and Not to upsets that are involved. Those that dont know should either get educated or dont go, IMHO. I agree with you Joerg People need to stay away from the town and route their own path without getting into trouble and they need to understand the risks involved. Be Prepared and Stay alive. I am wondering if this is going to be a yearly thing? Looks at Joerg..

Coming from a person whom has experienced the hardships of the area etc. I can tell you this it is no picnic out there. Having a Convention like this requires a lot and there are a lot of unknowns out there. Much has to be taken into consideration.

Case in point: I frequent the Old Destroyed Titan II Silos here in Southern Arizona and I plan each and every Archaeology facet of the site. I had to become an expert on the Titan II Silo sites even as far as becoming a volunteer at our local Titan Museum. So I know what some of you are talking about.

Sorry for the long Post.

Viper

In Reply to: Re: Alienstock organizers announce dates for 2020 festival posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on February 24, 2020 at 15:08:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]