Re: Groom Lake: the lakebed runways

Message posted by NVBOB on October 18, 2019 at 9:56:38 PST:

I have to agree with Peter. I have been struggling with debating this topic out of respect for you and your site. I have been traveling to and monitoring the area since I was 16, 30 years now. I had to learn the area, the airspace, and endure the frequent frequency changes and call sign changes. My kids now go with me out there and are interested in monitoring as well.
I feel that a streaming, and even clips, could jeopardize what I have enjoyed nearly my whole life, one of my most passionate hobbies, monitoring the area. As much as I would love to hear it non-stop, from my phone or laptop, I would much rather know that when I travel out there, it will be there for me and my kids to hunt.
Those that are asking for the stream may have never even been out this way, or have any idea what goes into this level of mil air monitoring. I have had the hebee gebees that streaming could cause a very simple and inexpensive change in technology and end the monitoring that we have worked so hard on, the countless nights, the late nights, the changes in freqs,
My two cent, please dump the idea.

In Reply to: Re: Groom Lake: the lakebed runways posted by Peter on October 14, 2019 at 15:11:53 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]