Re: Alienstock recap

Message posted by Lora Green on September 25, 2019 at 11:52:31 PST:

Joerg, I would have liked to meet you in person, but knew you were bunkered in, for the weekend.

I had a great time at the event, and everyone I met was so nice. I brought lots of cash, and spent every bit of it - happily! I wanted to support everyone out there, including the few local venders.

I was surprised by the lack of trash on the ground - I picked up what I came across. On Saturday, we were sitting by our RV, and saw a trash can with bags piled around it. My son was about to go haul those bags to a dumpster, when a truck pulled up and took care of it all. And they did that often. I was very impressed.

That said, I did comment to my son, that there needed to be a trash fence around the entire event site. That is the ONLY way to catch most of the trash that is blown offsite. I do understand that there was little time to prepare for this event, and taking that into consideration, I think the Inn did an excellent job with what they had to work with.

If there IS an event next year, I believe there should be a trash fence, and that the road to the residential area should be blocked off.

In Reply to: Alienstock recap posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on September 22, 2019 at 18:09:53 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]