Re: Locals: so what's going on, and how bad is it?

Message posted by BobM on September 21, 2019 at 10:28:18 PST:

Here's my opinion. This event is fine, the people are all nice, they smile and wave as my son and I ride past on our Honda Ruckus. The mountains of trash we expected dont exist, I havent even seen 1 stray water bottle on the ground. Since Wednesday they have had a volunteer tent set up for people to sign up to help clean up, set up, tear down. We have stopped and talked to a few and they are all friendly and want to chat.

I havent had one car or visitor down my street, not one, and I'm the only one with a ET Highway sign (small replica) on display. I figured a few might take pics with it but none of them are really driving around the town at all. If they come back next year I'd make a push for the ones who want to visit the back gate to go down the highway where back gate road meets 375. Also tell all the city folks this ain't NYC and just slow down...some of them are in city mode and are zooming around...slow down, relax, its Rachel...we dont go all that fast around here.

I didnt think it was gonna happen but the first band went on at 8pm Wednesday...right at 8. I was a little amazed but the ones who showed up early were all volunteering and helping in any way they could.

I've left the key in the Ruckus last night, left my truck unlocked (as I always do) and everything is still here...tonight I'm not even shutting my gate. My son and I will be going to the event stages again tonight to headbang at the metal stage and jump up and down like fools at the EDM stage...I havent slept for 2 weeks worrying about this thing....its time to relax and have some fun (like we have the last 2 nights).

In Reply to: Locals: so what's going on, and how bad is it? posted by BobinGilroy on September 20, 2019 at 18:17:33 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]