Re: F/A-18E down in Star Wars Canyon

Message posted by Gregos on July 31, 2019 at 21:07:35 PST:

Wow, I saw it on the news but didn't didn't realize it was the Jedi Transition. An certainly didn't think any by-standers would be involved. The news just said near NAS China Lake. I hope he wasn't showboating for the crowd, probably not, you don't become a fighter pilot being unprofessional.

I watched a YouTube video awhile back where I thought the guy was going in. The shadow on the canyon wall touched the plane, so he was very very close!

I just talked to my Dad today about my Grandfather who served in WWII. GF fought in North Africa, the invasion of Sicily, Normandy and later was an MP in Germany. 3 Invasions. Anyway Dad was a pre Vietnam medic trained at Ft Sam Houston, TX. While he was there a lot of vets were still there from WWII. Big burn center, some guys were on there 50th surgery, the old man said he had a hard time with it being a FNG. With that I say:
God bless all those guys, past, present and future, really. Not just US but world wide, truly.

In Reply to: F/A-18E down in Star Wars Canyon posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 31, 2019 at 17:52:34 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]