Re: Possibly B-21 test flight scanner audio?

Message posted by greatguess on July 31, 2019 at 5:34:11 PST:

interesting... n99ng is the new jstars testbed. ç in addition to jstars work, it has the infrastructure to support b21 avionics and test engineers if they wanted to use it as a flying testbed. the KISS approach to investigating this situation is the time of the flight. there is only one thing that would drive you to a moonless midnight flight - the plane being chased would draw attention and they don't want anybody to see it. my first guess, off the top of my head, is that they have moved the b21 prototype (stingray?) from groom to edwards and are now flying it from there. that would free up the facility at groom for any upgrades and preparation for the b21 which is a year or two away. i also believe they will actually fly the b21 out of groom for the test program and have the ctf at southbase. only the maintenance and instrumentation folks need to be walking distance from the airplane during the test program - the few others (pilots, engineers, managers?) are only a 30 minute flight away when they need to go north. south base edwards will become a turbo version of north base during the 1980's and 1990's. there will finally be commuter airport in the antelope valley again - it will go to groom instead of LA though.

Attached link: N99NG

In Reply to: Re: Possibly B-21 test flight scanner audio? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 30, 2019 at 19:20:05 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]