Re: Peter Merlin: Area 51 holds many secrets that must remain hidden – A tourist invasion is a really bad idea

Message posted by Peter Merlin on July 29, 2019 at 18:13:33 PST:

The network called me last week and asked if I would write an opinion piece for their continuing series on why storming Area 51 is not a good idea. I know that T.D. Barnes and at least one other person have contributed similar essays from varying points of view.

I believe T.D. touched on some of the actual hazards that people might encounter if they attempt to cross the line. I wanted to offer a slightly different perspective.

Area 51 has become a magnet for this kind of attention in a way that no other military base has. You never see anyone planning a mass invasion of Nellis AFB or NAS Fallon. There aren't any web sites devoted to Eglin AFB or China Lake, or people camping outside those ranges to watch for airplanes or flying saucers. The mystique surrounding Area 51 has turned Groom Lake into an attractive nuisance for the government.

In Reply to: Peter Merlin: Area 51 holds many secrets that must remain hidden – A tourist invasion is a really bad idea posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 29, 2019 at 10:18:23 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]