Re: September 20 event

Message posted by Gregos on July 17, 2019 at 6:52:15 PST:

Hi Bob,

Funny, I was just emailing Joerg privately about to say the same thing! Great minds think alike! Plus Iron Maiden is at MGM the week before. and they have been my favorite band since 1981! LOL

I emailed my Dad last night with the following:
***There's one road to get there. All they have to do is close it at the Loves Gas Station and there's no way to get there. One time Kim & I were going home. About 50-60 miles away (our heading) was a massive electrical storm -Biblical! We pulled over to watch. When we got to the last chance gas power was out. No power, no pumps! Luckily, the guy hand pumped a 5 gallon limit and did our CC the old way -a rubbing! As we got closer to that Loves gas, the road was completely gone. A big culvert collapsed 10 feet wide. we had to double back and took a detour up into Utah then down I-15 back into Vegas -a 400 mile detour! We rolled in at sunrise and on fumes! An ordeal. All they need to do is cut one road. There are two mountain passes the bookend the dirt road to the base (how convenient). Choke this two points and problem solved.***

I'd block Handcock Summit and Queen City Summit
Up the Irons!

In Reply to: Re: September 20 event posted by BobM on July 17, 2019 at 5:55:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]