Activity over Upper Michigan

Message posted by RickB on June 21, 2019 at 12:42:21 PST:

I was on a fishing trip recently in far northern Wisconsin town of Boulder Junction ( Vilas County). This is about 10 miles south of the border of the UP Michigan. We were out in a boat fishing and heard a thundering loud jet north of us. I’ve been going up there for over 40 years and never heard anything like that in the skies before. It was LOUD! Could have also been multiple jets. But never heard anything like that up there before. There used to be an Air Force Base up there called KI Sawyer (B-52’) but that base is long closed down now. I know jets and military aircraft very well because I grew up next to the Glenview Naval Air Station (also closed now) and have been watching as filming military jets at bases all around the country for years.. What we heard was in the morning of either Friday May 17th or Sat. May 18th. Can’t remember which day of those two but it was either one or the other and it was at about 10.00 AM. I’m curious if anyone can track what was flying up north that day? Thank you, Rick

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]