Re: Interception in the NTTR?

Message posted by crossair on May 10, 2019 at 14:02:14 PST:

I also believe it is a glitch. I have made several live screenshots over the past year of flightradar showing a number of GA aircraft flights that seemingly went straight through R-4808A or nearby through the NNSS undisturbed. While I always held my breath watching them I am pretty sure none of them were real as these flights never changed their flight direction while going all the way through the NNSS. Hard to believe that this would happen if intercepted. And not being intercepted flying through this "No go airspace" is also hard to believe although I would think that such an intercept may take much longer than many would expect, especially on weekends.
Were would these airspace control alert (ACA) fighters for a quick scramble come from, being armed and on 24/7 alert? ANG fighters as part of the Western Air Defence Sector either from i.e. Fresno, Tucson, Davis Monthan, Portland or Buckley?

In Reply to: Re: Interception in the NTTR? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on May 10, 2019 at 12:04:42 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]