Satellite Image

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 15, 2011 at 17:13:27 PST:

Ok, thank you all for your patience. I have inquired with GeoEye about an updated satellite image. Conditions have not changed. For a new 1/2 meter resolution collection we are looking at $25 per sq.km. with a minimum order of 100 sq.km. So the total is $2,500. As with the last two images in 2007 and 2009, I will need to finance the amount with donations from our readers. As before, each DLR member who donates $100 or more to this project will become a member of our image analysis group, and will receive a DVD with the full resolution image for analysis. Selected clips of the image will also be posted on this web site. And of course any amount donation to help finance this is welcome.

As a first step, I would like to get an idea of the amount of money we can expect to raise. If we can raise more than the minimum $2,500, we can sample a larger area, including some of the remote sites in Emigrant Valley. Please send us an email with "Satellite Image" in the subject to "webmaster@dreamlandresort.com", with your name of forum handle and the amount you are willing to donate. Only those seriously interested, please. I will post an update with the results in the forum in a couple of days, and we will take it from there.

Thanks in advance for your support

Joerg H Arnu
Dreamland Resort Owner and Webmaster

PS: Those fairly new to our site may find the attached link useful, to our satellite image taken in 2009

Attached link: Area 51 Satellite Image, June 29, 2009

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]