Re: Groom Lake Infiltration

Message posted by Steve Hauser on September 29, 2000 at 16:35:48 EST:

The story Jerry Freeman tells is true. He has hiked into the restricted area. His story is fascinating. I have been in communication with him and have read his manuscript for his prospective book, "Forbidden Journey." I don't doubt a word he says about that story. He is a true desert rat through and through. He got closer to Papoose than anyone realizes, close enough to put a stake through the heart of Lazar's story. I've seen the photos that prove it and another photo of an "1849" inscription in Nye Canyon, which appears in a different photo in a book about the Death Valley '49ers, which in my mind makes his story as solid as a rock. I've never discussed the treasure trove story with Jerry and view that as a separate matter. His photos would, no doubt, have been made widely available by now (I'd love to put the Papoose shot on my site but promised I would not) but for his desire to first publish them in his book.

In Reply to: Groom Lake Infiltration posted by Dai on September 26, 2000 at 08:05:46 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]