Re: New TR-3A Info *sigh*

Message posted by Magoo on September 20, 2000 at 01:23:11 EST:

Jamie

I'm very sorry if I offended you, but I was merely asking you to let us know when you have some (any) information in your website so that we may read it.

As for the "not exist..." comment, we have actually talked about this before in this forum, and most contributors felt that the thought of a TR-3 tac recon platform that supports the F-117 by buddy lazing or for photo recon is a pretty far-fetched one. It would make much more sense to retrofit an existing stealthy platform (such as the F-117) to carry out this role, rather than build a dedicated top secret aircraft with few advantages at huge expense.

If the TR-3 (F-119?) were in fact a tactical bomber, then it would have most likely replaced the F-117 in service by now going by the timeline since rumors of the aircraft first surfaced. The F-117 has just been slated for a major upgrade, so will be around for a few years yet.

There is a possibility/probability of an F-111/F-15E replacement coming on line in the next few years. However, there is no proof that this is the case, and I'm not sure whether the artists impressions of the TR-3 I've seen would indicate an platform that has the speed, range and payload capabilities of either of these aircraft.

If it were a tactical fighter (F-24?), then there would be no need to proceed with the F-22 or US Air Force version of the JSF in the short term.

Therefore, unless someone can convince me of the intended mission and benefit of building this aircraft, then I remain unconvinced of its existance.

Once again, sorry if I upset you.

Magoo

In Reply to: Re: New TR-3A Info!!!!!!!!! posted by Jamie on September 19, 2000 at 20:15:36 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]