Re: Multiple subjects

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on September 14, 2000 at 20:52:48 EST:

Good questions, and I wish I had all the answers. Here are a few to start with, hopefully someone else comes up with more.
The Groom Base is now owned by the Air Force, after a land trade with the DoE. From the gov't plates of the bus I would think that it is owned by the Air Force, or some some other Federal Government agency. The bus is parked at the court house in Alamo over night and on weekends, and I suppose the driver lives there, too. Not sure where his paycheck is coming from, though.
Parts of EG&G, including the business unit that provides security at Area 51, were bought by "The Carlyle Group" in 1999. The remaining units now operate as PerkinElmer, Inc. See our news section for details.
Area 51 operates as Detachment 3 of Edwards AFB, more specifically Edwards North Base (NOT Nellis, as many think). I suppose that would be the point to start trying to get "permission from the base commander". Not that I would set my hopes too high, though...

In Reply to: Multiple subjects posted by Groom lake watcher on September 14, 2000 at 20:09:31 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]