Re: If horses could talk.. (now F15 Crash #1) (now f16 crash)

Message posted by Gary Sellani on August 29, 2000 at 14:03:01 EST:

Yeah I know this was addressed to Jeorg, but here is my comment. After seeing the USAF security setup, which includes a tent the size of Montana with an orage marking on it, I figured finding the other crash would be easy. I wasted about 90 minutes driving along the ET highway, stopping at various places to look at the terrain through a telephoto lens, hoping to see the USAF setup. I of course didn't find it else you would of seen me post a photo. Now what I should of done was wait until it was dark and then try to find the lights of the USAF camp.

This brings to mind two items to have with you in the Groom area (that I don't have). One is a good set of binoculars. Looking through the viewfinder of a 35mm camera doesn't work very well for just taking in the "scenary". The other item would be night vision. Night vision is a toy I always wanted, but could really find a good reason to buy. A USAF camp would light up quite well even with first generation night vision. However, after playing with night vision equipment, the second generation stuff is much much better, but unfortunately, much more expensive. Going to third generation night vision doesn't buy you much.

In Reply to: Re: If horses could talk.. (now F15 Crash #1) posted by Steve on August 29, 2000 at 12:29:15 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]