Re: "That's not a B-2..."

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by n01_b4_flash (Member since 01/29/2012) on March 21, 2024 at 9:37:51 PST:

I loaded the mystery pic to the Photoshop and had fun with trying to enhance it a little. I succeeded to some extent and was able to improve the original one but... cannot decide either way, still. In my estimations basing on the picture and comparing it with B-2 and supposed B-21 photos it looks closer to B-2 and there are just a few differencies between what I was able to gather by editing the image and the picture of B2 taken from the ground. These odds are following:

- different shade(colour) but this may be definitely due to lightning and haze on the mystery pic, so noone could decide either way basing just on this,
- wingspan being just a little different than on either B-21 or B-2, so same as above - may be a haze and the aircraft in question may just banking on the photo and it ruins perspective and mathematics = no possibility to judge either.
- the "gaps" near the engine exhausts on the aircraft in question are definitely NOT that of B-21 and points almost exactly to overall B-2 shape and dimensions - so this points to the B-2 itself.

I would put my money on the mystery aircraft being just a regular, well-known B-2.

P.S Couldn't post the enhanced pics due to copyrights of the author. If I will get permission to post them here, I will do it.

In Reply to: "That's not a B-2..." posted by Night Stalker on March 21, 2024 at 0:34:27 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: