Reddit poster who claims he worked at Groom

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by n01_b4_flash (Member since 01/29/2012) on January 03, 2024 at 9:06:54 PST:

Hello,

generally I'm really sceptical when it comes to such testimonies and threads but this one made me think "hmm maybe it's a real deal?" for some reason. The posters is not touching stars with god-who-knows stories but it reads like his claims may be worth and true, at least in my opinion.

Read the full comments section to take all his replies and stories. He mentions facts that are known to public for a plenty of years now, like the Jerry Freeman's story that really happened although he didn't name the character himself in the text.(if true, I was not aware of Freeman taking actual pictures of Groom, I was aware of his concentrate and focus particularly to Papoose for obvious reasons - archeology, but I know he made two trips, one in 1997 and another one in 2000 and there is not much information about the 2000 one so maybe he really took some pictures of our favourite base, who knows?).

The poster also claims that some of the pictures that found their way to Top Gun(1986) were taken at Mojave Desert in vicinty of Groom(well, China Lake is not so distant location). Did anyone ever hear similar testimony?

Everything else seems okay to me if I would vote for authenticy. There is one particular claim I wonder about - a 'mystery' base located in California that locals know about... Beale, Edwards, Plant 42 are all known to public so the thing with that information would suggest he refers to some other, more remote location. What do you think? Again, anyone heard similar testimony and has an idea to what he might refer to?

This is a few years old thread but anyone interested, here is a direct link: https://www.reddit.com/r/area51/s/XEixkUuchC

Attached link: https://www.reddit.com/r/area51/s/XEixkUuchC

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title: