Re: New Trip Report: Cancelled Test at Groom after base's UH-60 spots me on Tikaboo!

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by n01_b4_flash (Member since 01/29/2012) on December 01, 2023 at 9:54:24 PST:

Thanks for explaining that to me.

I don't know how often that occurs but I'm aware of similar events to mine that happened before, for example Glenn Campbell 1994 case where he was spotting at Groom and becuase of that two aircraft coming down to land were redirected to Tonopah because of his presence.

Are you familiar of similar case(s) at your ranges where an article mission had to be canx for a fact there were spotters lurking by a fence to see something landing or taking off?

I don't think it happens every time when such scenerio occurs. For example Swiss Mountain Bat sighting of the "fastmover" from atop of Tikaboo in 1999. I guess if he indeed saw something special, then, for some reason the mission wasn't aborted but the base probably knew he and his team were there watching them due to fact they had a bonfire a night before.

In Reply to: Re: New Trip Report: Cancelled Test at Groom after base's UH-60 spots me on Tikaboo! posted by NotTelling on December 01, 2023 at 9:33:28 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: