Re: Dreamland: The Secret History of Area 51 by Peter Merlin

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by crossair (Member since 04/30/2017) on November 11, 2023 at 4:16:12 PST:

I fully agree with your rant. I also preordered from Amazon in April here in Germany and went through the same complex logistics route as you. During the transport process, Amazon changed the arrival date from Nov 11 to Nov 28 but that must have been a glitch as it arrived at my home an hour ago as planned.

I was lucky enough that it didn't get returned as there seems to be a general issue at Amazon's logistics center that bags the book. I have never ever seen such a lousy packaging on Amazon's part. It seems they don't know how they shall pack that "monster" properly. My package was half open on both sides by design of the package itself, not due to a rough transport half around the globe. All book's edges are substantially jolted. I will file a complaint but will keep it as this book has been the most anticipated release in years and I cannot wait to read through it.

Therefore I would not recommend to buy it from Amazon but order it from a more caring local bookstore.

And from a first glimpse into this A51 cyclopedia for sure will not only meet but highly exceed my high expectations!

What an effort, Peter! Hats off for such a masterpiece!

In Reply to: Re: Dreamland: The Secret History of Area 51 by Peter Merlin posted by Andreas Parsch on November 11, 2023 at 2:08:36 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: