Re: Beale, Guam and the RQ-180

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Skeet (Member since 06/29/2022) on September 27, 2023 at 7:08:22 PST:

I'm not entirely sure on the HVAC requirements for the F-22/F-35 but surely they'll be more resilient than the B-2?

Nevertheless, RAF Fairford doesn't host fighter squadrons, as far as I can tell. USAF F-15s and F-35s are based at RAF Lakenheath. Notably, RAF Fairford is the only USAF bomber forward operating location in Europe so it would make sense for the hangars to house B-21s in the future. However, they are not expected to enter service until 2027.

The MOD/USAF do seem very keen to start operating HALE UAVs from Fairford as soon as possible.

This is the actual ACP (Airspace Change Proposal) page: https://airspacechange.caa.co.uk/PublicProposalArea?pID=410

They are having issues getting the MALE airspace route approved so they have separated the MALE and HALE changes into separate ACPs to speed up the process. There's also a temporary airspace change requested to enable RAPS ops to start in Summer 2023, before the permanent changes which are expected to be approved in 2024.

It's likely that either RQ-4s, RQ-170s or RQ-180s will be arriving, unless I've missed another HALE UAV in the US inventory?

In Reply to: Re: Beale, Guam and the RQ-180 posted by Casper on September 26, 2023 at 20:03:40 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: