Re: Looking for current news on Tikaboo Peak access roads

Message posted by Christian on July 02, 2019 at 22:29:55 PST:

Hi, my son, and I just went up there in May. The road is in good shape with just a few areas where the water run off came across the road. As long as you have a high clearance vehicle you will make it just fine. As Joerg said you should bring more water I completely agree with that. I've done this hike twice now, and to be completely honest it's not a joke. I work a very physical job, and play on a fastpitch baseball team. My son practically lives on the baseball field, and in the gym. I would have to stop on the very steep part probably every 30' to take a short rest. There was a gopro camera on my sons hat filming the entire hike. At one point he was using his hands, and feet to get up, and you can hear him getting very winded. I am not trying to bring attention to my YouTube channel, but we made a video of how hard the hike truly is. We kept moving the camera up on his hat, but due to the very steep hike you see more of my back end. I feel the video will really help you, and keep you from doing what I did last year. If you want to watch it go to Adventures with Christian on YouTube, and look at Tikaboo Peak the very tough hike. Have fun, and take your time on the way up, and especially going down. Also if your in a 2 wheel drive don't go past the road that I marked with rocks. You will get stuck in the sand.

In Reply to: Looking for current news on Tikaboo Peak access roads posted by Eric Amble on June 29, 2019 at 19:51:29 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]