Re: Looking for current news on Tikaboo Peak access roads

Message posted by Blade75769 on June 30, 2019 at 14:46:36 PST:

If you haven’t done this hike before be prepared to have greatly overestimated your ability. Please don’t take that the wrong way as I am not trying to discourage you from going. I did it alone and spent the night on the summit to get the best views of the base first thing in the morning. I talked to Joerg many times and read every trip report to be as prepared as I could. Even with all the best planning I still wasn’t prepared for the vast changes in weather, the first 1/3rd mile of damn near mountain climbing on loose shale, and the lack of oxygen at that altitude. Also just plan on crawling along while driving on large sections once you leave the paved road. Given I did this a few years back, but there was a very real risk of catching a sharp rock at any point. I was extremely proud to check that off bucket list and I would do it again. By all means go do it, but be much more prepared than you can imagine.

In Reply to: Looking for current news on Tikaboo Peak access roads posted by Eric Amble on June 29, 2019 at 19:51:29 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]