Re: Tikaboo Peak

Message posted by Chris on July 30, 2018 at 19:39:57 PST:

A 4x4 Jeep should be fine as I found a way to bypass the serious off road section. The remainder of the road is sandy and kind of washed out but you should be ok. The road is fairly easy, not the hike. The hike up was harder then I thought but if you take it slow it's ok. I am 47 and my wife is 58 and she made it up, just took a little longer. I knew about the heat waves being a problem but I took a chance going mid morning. We got to th top around noon time and it was cloudy with some storms coming in so the heat wavers were minimal. LN32 off of hwy 93 is Badger Road on my GPS and that was it. Not sure why it didn't say Badger Valley as that's what I was told also. Take Badger to Old Corn Rd which loops past the serious 4x4 section and connects back with Badger. Follow that ALL THE WAY until the road ends. There is a small parking area to the left and that is also where you start to walk up to meet the trailhead. There is a sign that's been knocked down and that's where it starts. It's not really a trail going up so just follow the streamers and tin foil rocks, etc. That is marked the entire way to the top. Bring lots of water if you go during the day. We had a cooler in the truck filled with water and my wife carried her camelback filled with water and two extra bottles. I had three bottles with me and we we got back to the truck I had one bottle left. Do it before they take it which I think they will sooner rather then later.

In Reply to: Re: Tikaboo Peak posted by Tom on July 30, 2018 at 19:10:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]