Re: Alamo Road Land Grab

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on January 24, 2018 at 11:07:33 PST:

There were about 350-400 concerned citizens at the meeting about the Alamo Road land withdrawal last night. Many of them voiced very valid concerns why it would be best to go with Alternative 1, the status quo.

I got the impression that this is NOT a done deal! But if we do not act now Alamo Road will be permanently closed within a year or two. Your input matters! The public comments period ends on March 8, so please act now. You can submit your comments at the link below. Tell them how often you use Alamo Road, for what purpose, why you want to keep it open etc. Alamo Road provides access to great jeep trails, hiking, historic buildings and rock art sites, wildlife viewing and much more. It would be a shame if this recreational resource, so close to Las Vegas and yet almost untouched, would forever go away.

One of the Air Force officials I spoke to said they simply don't have any data about the use of Alamo Road. He suggested that anyone concerned should provide comments to help with the decision making process. I went into the meeting thinking the land grab was a done deal. I now feel that by providing feedback we have a chance to help the Air Force find a better solution than close off a precious recreation area near Las Vegas. Thank you all for your support.

Attached link: NTTR Military Land Withdrawal Legislative EIS Website - Submit Comments

In Reply to: Alamo Road Land Grab posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on January 17, 2018 at 17:17:20 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]