Re: Alamo Road land grab

Message posted by Dave on December 09, 2017 at 19:20:23 PST:

I took a friend last week to the top of Tikaboo. It wasn't too cold. There was snow on the eastern slope near the top of the first climb. But once we got closer to the top of the main peak we could smell a charcol smell. There had been a recent fire invovling a few trees and a lot of the pine liter behind the weather station. Some one was careless or mother nature??

Either way it was my forth ascent to the top. It was fun...we even came across a big cat paw print in the snow near the saddle. At least 5 inches across!!

The road is still in good shape all the way up. The camp spots near the Trail head are still in good shape. The wood statue is leaning against a tree. The base is rotted and needs to be concreted back in.

In all my trips up there I had never seen the log book. I was totally surprised to find one and amazed to see it dated back to before 2011. I signed it. The last entry was early November

So if you are planning a trip up there...do it soon!!

In Reply to: Re: Alamo Road land grab posted by WheresJanet on December 09, 2017 at 2:01:33 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]