"Majestic 12 P" building ar Area 51 - - did the base name this building in humor?

Message posted by Norio Hayakawa on February 16, 2017 at 18:55:41 PST:

In general, I like Wikimapia’s satellite imagery’s descriptions of various spots of interest.
Especially when it comes to descriptions of certain parts of military facilities.
For the most part, I believe they have done a pretty good job with it.
However, the following is something that I have not seen anywhere else:
Wikimapia’s cryptic (and perhaps, with a good sense of humor) description of a building near the DYCOMS Radar Building and the Range B.E. Office at AREA 51.

This was first brought to my attention by Michael Parker in 2014 when he mentioned it to me in an interview. Here is Michael’s comment:
“It is a curious thing.
My gut feeling is that it may be the real name of the building but created by someone (at the base) with a sense of humor.”

He could be right.
Perhaps the same with Hangar 18 (H-18) which was the largest hangar at Area 51 for many years.
(Of course, everyone knows that the original Hangar 18 was allegedly located at Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio).
So, I wouldn’t be surprised if the folks at the Groom base had such a sense of humor.

CLICK THE FOLLOWING FOR CLEARER SATELLITE IMAGERY AND NAVIGATE AROUND IT:
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=37.246946&lon=-115.817866&z=18&m=b

Attached link: What's with the "Majestic 12 P" building? Did the base name this building with a sense of humor?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]