Satellite Resolution.

Message posted by WheresJanet on November 09, 2016 at 20:55:17 PST:

The question I am about to ask may be interesting to some! These are their stories...dun dun...

If you look at the satellite resolution on Google Earth for example and look at Naval Air Station Lemoore in California, the resolution is outstanding! You can see everything so close up and crystal clear! You can even make out some of the lettering on the roads! I've noticed as far as Groom Lake is concerned, it is a completely different story! Even some of the best satellite images ever taken of Groom Lake can't even compare to the most of the U.S.!

I've even personally ordered a satellite image a few years ago and they said it was the best resolution they offer. I think it was GeoEye. It probably will be the last time I ever do that because it is quite pricey! Even for such a small portion. Mainly because I didn't order from their archives. I ordered my own custom "shoot". Sorry, now i'm getting off topic!

Anyway, since there are some extremely intelligent people on this website, I was hoping to get an answer on this question. I've always wondered this but for some reason I've never asked.

Thank you in advance,
WheresJanet.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]